Using a CHEAP Bookcase to Get Organized

As a mom with a small house, three growing boys, and a lot of stuff... I am always looking for easy (and cheap) ways to bring a little order to my chaos. Last week, I was looking at the "piles" of "stuff" all over my older boys' room, and I knew I needed to find a way to organize their things. Today, I am sharing my tips for getting organized... with the help of a $30 bookcase.


My two older boys (who are 9 and 10) share a room, where they like to pile their stuff on top of any free surface. I needed to find a way to organize their stuff in a way that they could access it, and easily put their items away in a logical place.

The starting point for my project was a little blue table in their room that they have outgrown. I removed the table from their room, and I replaced it with a $30 three-shelf bookcase.


This little shelf looks a lot neater, and all of my boys' belongings are definitely more organized!


I was even able to remove a lot of the items from the top of their dresser and find places for their books and treasures on the bookcase.


This is what their dresser looks like now. Much better, right?


I am loving how much tidier my boys' room looks now. Not bad for $30!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

4 comments:

  1. This is great. It really makes the space so much more functional and also gives a big kid vibe to their room. I bet they loved that!

    $30 well spent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My boys really are pleased with it. :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Where did you find the bookshelf for that price? :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....