Simple Paper Viking Helmet

My boys were so excited to hear about the new (third) season of "Dragons: Race to the Edge" on Netflix, that we decided to make a simple craft to celebrate. I love watching my boys dress up and "pretend", so I am always willing to craft a new item for their costume box. Today, I am sharing the simple instructions for this paper Viking helmet.


To make your own Viking hat, follow the steps and graphic below.

Step 1: Cut two strips of card stock and cover both strips with tin foil. Secure with tape. One strip should be long enough to wrap around the child's head, and the other strip (which will be the top of the helmet) should be shorter.

Step 2: Fit the long strip around the child's head, and tape in place.

Step 3: Use tape to attach the shorter strip to the helmet.

Step 4: Draw horns on a piece of white card stock, and tape to the sides of the helmet.


If your kids are fans of the "Dragons: Race to the Edge" series, you are going to want to check out the announcement that inspired our little craft.


I love this little DIY Viking helmet, don't you? If you make one, let me know. I always love hearing from people that have made crafts from my tutorials.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how absolutely adorable!
    My husband has called our son his little viking since the day we brought him home from the hospital. It's such a cute little pet name, and I know he would be so amused to see his little man in this craft. Definitely going to give it a go-thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an adorable nickname! I bet he'll be sweet in this little hat. Have fun!

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....