Hosting a Half Sleepover

I feel like my boys are too young for sleepovers, but that doesn't mean they have to miss out on the fun associated with this type of celebration.  Today I am sharing one of our favorite party themes, and I am giving you all the info you need to host the perfect DIY Half Sleepover.


First, you need to send out an invite that lets everyone know what to expect from a "half sleepover".  Basically, it's like a regular sleepover, but all the kids go home when it is time to go to bed. Here's the invite I made using a free photo editing software called Picmonkey.com.


Then, you need to set up a fun snack table.  We had a movie theme, so our snacks consisted of traditional movie treats.  We also shared glow sticks and mini flashlights with our guests.


You'll also need party entertainment.  We did an outdoor movie, but you could do games or crafts instead.


Finally, you need a cute party favor for your guests to take home.  We used little boxes of cereal, and we added a spoon and a simple "breakfast for tomorrow" gift tag.


To download the tags, right-click on the picture below, save it to your computer, and print it like a regular 4X6 photo.




All our guests had a great time, and everyone had a fantastic night's sleep in their own beds.  Do you have a little one that would like to host a half sleepover?  It really is an awesome party theme!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! We have had a lot of fun with it.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love it!

    What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I just wish the printable tags read "my" half sleepover inestead of "our" - not every one has a sibling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the sharing! COOL..
    domeinnamen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the
    blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....